STEPS TO LESSEN TEST ANXIETY
Did you know that breathing exercises can help you calm down and lessen your test anxiety? Here is an exercise to help you learn to “Breath Better.” Just try not to take in too much air because it might make you feel dizzy. Here is how you do it: Inhale (breath in slowly and deeply through your nose, and then exhale (breath out) slowly through your mouth. Do this two to four times and you just might breathe easier the next time you are taking a test.
TEST TAKING TIPS:
- Get a good night’s sleep before the test.
- Stay relaxed. If you get nervous take a few deep breaths to relax yourself.
- Always read the entire question carefully.
- If you don’t know an answer, eliminate answers you know couldn’t possibly be correct.
- Narrow the answer to the best two possible choices and pick the one you think is best.
- Focus in the question at hand, don’t let your mind wander.
- Don’t second guess yourself. Usually the first answer that comes to mind is correct.
- Check your work to make sure you answered every questions.
- Some questions may have more than one answer. Make sure to look at all your choices.
BELIEVE IN YOUR ABILITIES BECAUSE YOU’RE SMART, YOU’RE CAPABLE AND YOU CAN DO IT!